Friday, April 23, 2010

Etsy Store extravaganza!


These past few days have been an eye opener for us! We have been taking photos of ALL our inventory to put on our etsy store. I never realized how much the photos mattered, but after posting just a quarter of the inventory, we had 3 customers! More than what we get in a month in one 2 hour period! We are happy to report that this spawned a new found determination to practice better marketing for our store. I have never been good at being social, but if we want to keep KUZU alive and well we have to get on it.
So, because of this I bought a new book on handmade craft marketing and am planning our new business strategies! One of which is this blog. I am not sure how many of you actually follow it, but with how often we post I am sure there aren't many of you! But that is something I am going to try and change! That, and the format of the blog. This blog is primarily to keep you updated on KUZU's happenings, but we want it to also be a blog about our interests and happenings! So, we are going to include our daily, ever-changing interests, like rare, cult films and all the crazy things I find working at a used book store, as well as baking recipes and up-to-date fashion information! I would like to change the format of our blog to look like a 'zine, but that will take some work and transition!
As of now check out our etsy store at:

www.kuzu.etsy.com

It will soon have EVERYTHING we sell at our store! And stay tuned for more posts and hopefully a new formatted blog!
If any of you that do read this have any ideas or want to help us ( I am computer challenged) please feel free to comment!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Miss Mariko!!! Wow! Great etsy shop!!! Sad business about closing the shop but I think you're gonna do really really well on etsy!!! (you look like you've made an excellent start already!!!) Your etsy shop looks really really great. Blogging, especially fashion blogging is a super great way to get word of mouth business. You might possibly start looking into some other fashion blogs along your style to link up with; similarly you'll get more visitors if you comment on other blogs so people can link back to you. I can't wait to read more of your blog!!!! You're a really interesting person so I know you'll gain quite a following. :) Also, if you link this blog from etsy you'll get a lot of traffic in both directions :) I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!
    Love ya,
    Audrey

    p.s. I'm soooooo jealous of those barbie shoe earrings! So great!!!!! I absolutely love all the stuff you guys have up!

    ReplyDelete